- Make a commitment to put your health at the top of your priority list. Honor yourself and the one body you were given to live your life with – look in the mirror and say “let’s do this!”.
- Eat 3 health supportive meals a day – avoid processed foods and add in lots of greens!
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Find your favorite water bottle and make friends with it again. Oh, and squeeze some fresh lemon juice in there if you have a lemon laying around!
- Exercise, Exercise, Exercise! Go on YouTube and find something you can do at home if that’s where you need to start. I have faith in you.
- Sleep. Don’t underestimate the importance of sleep, and I bet chances are you too need more of it. Turn off all electronic devices an hour earlier and get to bed tonight. Your dreams just might be worth it!
- Find healthy versions of processed sugary sweets! They are definitely out there (i.e.: recipe here for starter) however keep moderation in mind.
- Find Your Support System – yes, you are strong, however sugar is as addictive as cocaine! Hire a Health Coach, Create a Healthy Cooking Class Dinner Party, or Sign up for that Supermarket Tour to assist you. You are definitely worth it!
Chilly Chocolate Caramel Cups
½ Cup Dates, pitted and chopped
½ Cup Macadamia Nuts, raw
¼ Cup Unsweetened Coconut, shredded
1 teaspoon Maca Powder
½ Cup Dates, pitted
1/2 Cup Macadamia Nuts, raw
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Almond Milk
1 teaspoon Maca Powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
2 teaspoons Cacao Butter
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
1/3 Cup Cacao Powder
Directions: Using paper mini muffin liners, layer a muffin tin to prepare. Make space in your freezer to lay the tray flat while creating recipe.
In a food processor using an S blade, add base ingredients (pulse dry first and then add dates to combine) and pulse until a sticky dough is formed. With a teaspoon measure fill each cup and press to create layer.
In a high power blender place all ingredients and blend until smooth consistency is achieved. With a spoon, fill this next layer evenly in your mini muffin tin and place back in freezer. Wait at least an hour before adding chocolate topping as will melt into it if adding too soon.
In a small saucepan over medium/low heat, add coconut oil and coconut butter stirring with a wisk until melted. Add maple syrup and cacao powder and stir until completely incorporated. Pour on top of each cup to finish your Chilly Chocolate Caramel Cups! Place in freezer to set at least 2 hours to finish! Store in airtight container in freezer as long as they last!